An easier way to manage the Levy in your organisation
Your business may not have to use all the consultancy services in our portfolio, or any of them although many of our clients do. Whether you are looking for strategic advice or our full package of services from design to certification, you only need to use what is most relevant for your business and where your resource gaps lie.
What you need to remain mindful of is that with the introduction of the Levy, the way Apprenticeships are run and managed will change. The responsibilities of both employer and provider will need to adapt to ensure all of your objectives are achieved - whether it's purely maximising the Levy spend and ensuring all monies are return through Apprenticeships or if it's simply strengthening your programme and looking ahead at the years to come and future-proofing your L&D strategy and apprenticeship programmes to remain in control of the process and continue to deliver a great return through these programmes.
Setting up and implementing an apprenticeship scheme for the first time to recover your apprenticeship levy is complex, time consuming and requires expert knowledge which is why businesses like Virgin, Arriva, Glaxo SmithKline and Telefonica have all partnered with GKA to maximise the Levy opportunity.
How is your business preparing for the Levy?
If your business is eligible to pay the levy, the earlier you prepare, the easier the transition will be.
GKA can help...
- Support your skills development strategy
- Manage your specialist providers
- Work with you to manage both the performance and financial transactions for you through the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS)
- Design and deliver a consistent approach to apprenticeship recruitment
- Develop levy management plans
- Optimise operational structure whilst maximising the levy spend
How the Apprenticeship Levy Works
From 6th April 2017, employers with a wage bill of more than £3m will have to pay a 0.5 per cent levy to fund apprenticeships. This will affect employers in all sectors.
The aim is to raise 3bn a year to meet a target of three million new apprenticeships by 2020. With a clear focus on developing the UK's skills and improving long-term productivity, the Government is committed to increasing the quantity and quality of Apprenticeships whilst also putting control of funding firmly in the hands of employers.
The benefits of the Levy
- Funding will be directly controlled by employers via the apprenticeship vouchers
- Revenue from the levy will help fund all post-16 apprenticeships in the UK
- Apprenticeships will no longer be able to be viewed as talent solution to a single business area at a fixed level, but will need to be viewed as a genuine route to the development of wider skills and future talent right across the organisation, across a range of levels of competence.
Want to find out more?
Our team of experts are ready to help!
Contact us on 01672 861 910.