Help and Advice when applying for an Apprenticeship
Kicking off an apprenticeship is a great way to get a head start in the field you want to work in. Apprenticeships enable you to start working and earn a decent wage while you learn key skills and gain the qualifications that future employers want.
Take the opportunity to try something new!
- CV tips
- Search for an apprenticeship programme
- Prepare for the interview
- Apply now
Apprentices can study at different levels. In England, these can be equivalent to GCSEs, A Levels, or even Foundation Degree.
Compared to someone without any qualifications, you can earn:
- 20% more if you had a work-based qualification equivalent to GCSEs or Standard Grades
- 35% more if you had a work-based qualification equivalent to A-Levels or Highers
- 65% more if you had the equivalent of a Higher Education degree
(Source: ONS, 2011)